Monday, February 10, 2014

This is a painting I did last year and just never got around to posting on this blog. I started with an under painting of yellows and blues and then tried a new technique that I heard about from a member of my art critique group (thank you Patty!). This technique consists of painting sheets of rice paper with watercolor, then tearing it into various size pieces and using the pieces as a collage for your painting. I used a lot of blues, yellows and greens and even included some pinks and purples. Let the rice paper dry after painting it. The pieces of painted rice paper are held in place by using acrylic gel medium on the back side and also brushed over them after they are set. I diluted the gel medium with some water first. I really like this look. It reminds me of stained glass. Try it and let me know what you think!

No comments: