Saturday, January 11, 2014

This was the view I had when I opened my front door one early evening last week. What could be more beautiful! Of course I ran and got my camera. As an artist I am always looking for inspiring scenes such as this.  What surprised me though was that I was also inspired to write  a haiku about it. So here goes... 

The earth spirit glows
warmth radiates from within
Can you feel its strength?

I jotted this down in my sketch book/journal to use later for painting inspiration. I like to use writings, sayings, poems and quotes as inspiration for paintings. Sometimes they work even better than a photo. I also keep them in my journal to use in painting titles as I am sometimes at a loss when it comes to titles for my paintings. Does anyone else have that problem?  One thing that I know for sure is that I will never run out of painting ideas! I just wish I had more time to paint them all! Happy painting!

No comments: