Saturday, March 22, 2014

Sunlight Mysticism



Here is a new painting I finished recently. I was at a park eating my lunch when this scene caught my eye. It was in September and the end of summer was near. Some of the leaves were just starting to turn. There is something bittersweet about the last days of summer and the beginning of fall. The sun broke through the leaves and beautifully cast this scene of the magic of summer turning to fall. I used light, warm colors to start with, all mixed wet into wet. I added some kosher salt for texture. When this was dry I splatted some paint( greens and blues) and while they were still wet I sprayed the painting with a spray bottle and tilted the paper to produce the beautiful leaf effects. When this was dry I added branches and final details. My son chose the name for this painting, Sunlight Mysticism, and the more I though about it, the more I liked it.


No comments: