Sunday, July 21, 2013

I have always loved horses. My parents raised Morgans and they were very beautiful and smart. I always loved Arabian horses best. To me they were the most beautiful, intelligent horse in the world. We moved away from the horse farm when I was  a kid and I didn't get another horse until my early teens, when I became the owner of "Trinket", a beautiful half Arabian mare. We shared many adventures together and I still think about her.
I started this watercolor painting with the sky. Using mainly the wet in wet style of painting ( I also had an underpainting underneath that I had done previously). After the stormy sky was finished I pictured a white horse running from the storm and sketched it in to paint. I wanted the mane and tail to flow and blend in with the sky and I think that came out quite well. I call this painting "Thunder Run".   
 

No comments: