Saturday, May 24, 2014

Crazy Weather!

The weather in the pacific northwest can be crazy in April! It can be nice and sunny one minute and then suddenly the skies are dark and stormy. This is how it was one day when I was driving out in north Clark County. The clouds were gloriously striking! I don't know why but I really love looking at thunderheads. They are fun to paint also! I used mostly wet into wet watercolor and dabbed some areas with a tissue to get some harder edges in spots. I added white gouache to the darker blues while they were still wet to form some softer clouds. I also saw a flock of geese flying at the time so added them to the painting as well. The fun part of being an artist is the freedom to create the scene you want. I have no shortage of inspiration here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest! Happy painting!


No comments: