Monday, May 27, 2013

Artist's Retreat



I recently returned from a wonderful adventure at an Artist's Retreat in Union, Washington. What a beautiful place! I stayed at a retreat center called St. Andrew's House and was treated to glorius views of the Hood Canal and the Olympic Mountains! I even got to see The Traveler on Mt. Washington (when the snow melts in the spring it leaves the shape of a person in a robe walking with a walking stick known to the locals as The Traveler of The Wanderer). I met a great group of artists there-so kind and willing to share their techniques for creating awesome paintings. There were a few of us from the Vancouver area and some from Portland and the Seattle area. I enjoyed many hikes in the area (we were blessed with amazing weather that week!) and walked to the nearby beach as well.


What a great painting area! Perfect lighting and window looking out at that glorius view! Here are some of my fellow artists hard at work. I finished four paintings there and look forward to going next year!










No comments: